Saturday, July 23, 2011

More Water Please.



With this extreme heat wave, I can't help but work to be better hydrated. On top of my quest for thirst quenching deliciousness drinking; drinking water has lots of benifits. Clear skin, weight-loss, a clear knowledge of fullness (a great thing when you like to nibble on snacks when you think your hungry but in reality your really thirsty). My Goal of the week is to drink more water, especially in the presence of coffee or alcohol. For every coffee or cocktail, I need to drink at least one glass of water of equal or greater size, and with out these two vices i'm drinking at least 64oz of water a day.

However, i'm no saint. In reality the taste of water can really leave me wanting. So what to do in order to drink more? Here are my tricks -

Mio: It can be a little on the pricy side, but it also allows me to add as much or as little flavor I want, with out adding calories. Another trick I enjoy with mio - is to mix two flavors together and make my own. I find that changing up what i'm drinking really gets me drinking more water - and getting excited about it.

Add Ice: When its hot outside, what could be more refreshing then adding a healthy dose of ice to your water - seems obvious. But when its pushing 100 degree's - that ice goes fast. Besides burning more calories as your body adjusts the heat difference. The "race" to drink cold water before the ice melts can be a clever mind trick to get you drinking more.

Straws: I found that drinking out of a straw, motivates me to drink more water. I tend to pick up a few extra's when i'm grabbing an ice coffee or treating myself to a fountain soda. If i'm going to include these little decadences in my life - I might as well recycle my glass and drink at least the equal amount in water.

Suck it up: So its not always the sexiest, fun, and exhilarating part of my day but sometimes you just have to suck it up - and chug it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment